My name is Marc Breitsprecher and I have been collecting US coins since 1967 and buying/selling/collecting ancient coins since 1977. I began selling on eBay in 1996 using the moniker Ancient Imports. Family friend Kendrick Erickson built my current site in 1999 and in 2002 I joined VCoins as a Charter Member. I left my career as a window clerk with the USPS in 2005 in order to focus on my coin business full-time. We are truly a family business: my wife Melissa's data entry skills keep the addition of new coins running smoothly and our son Aaron helps me with photography.
- Payment within the US can be made by: Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express), personal check, money order or PayPal.
- International payment including Canada can be made by: Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express) or PayPal.
- All coins are marked as reserved until payment is received; at this time they are marked sold. We reserve the right to cancel any order for any reason.
- You will receive an automated e-mail confirming your purchase.
- Please note that all items are subject to prior sale as we have multiple sales venues.
- We are prohibited by law from shipping precious metal coins to any address within the state of Minnesota due to their "bullion" coin law. This law prohibits coin dealers, who are not licensed with the State of Minnesota, from mailing coins with more than 1% precious metal content to any address within their state. We are glad to mail bronze coins to our many friends in Minnesota! We are greatly distressed by the negative consequences created by this law, including being forced to move from the state and our lovely home in Grand Marais due to the negative impact of this law on our business. To learn more, click HERE. --UPDATE-- as of August 2022, this foolish Minnesota law has been deemed unconstitutional. However, the law is still on the state register so I assume they are appealing the ruling. The moment this "law" is off the register, we will be thrilled to mail precsious metal coins to our many friends and neighbors in Minnesota again!
Mailing address for money order or check payment is:
PO Box 2
Hazelhurst, WI 54531-0002
Orders are generally shipped 6 days a week. If I'm away from home at a coin show or other event, I will mail as soon as I return.
IN THE UNITED STATES
- Shipping and handling charges for trackable Ground Advantage (previously called First Class Package) Mail are $5 plus 2% on orders up to $1000. USPS Priority Mail, which is also trackable, can also be selected for any order at a cost of $10 plus 2%. USPS Express Mail, which is also trackable, can be selected for any order for a cost of $29 plus 2%. I can also ship via UPS 2nd Day Air for $14 plus 2%. The drop off point is not near our house so it might be a couple days before I can drop the packet off.
- Coins include a photo flip with all of the site information and are mailed via USPS first-class mail in a double padded envelope.
- Book orders will be shipped at actual cost either first class or media rate.
- All coins are covered by our 100% guarantee of arrival.
OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
- International Mail: Orders will be mailed using trackable USPS First Class Package for $14 plus 2%. Because of new mailing restrictions in the USPS International Mail Manual and changes in customs policy across the globe in 2023, we are no longer able to mail individual packets valued at more than $400. We have also been forced to limit the countries we can mail to. Currently, the list includes: AE, AT, AU, BE, CH, CZ, DE, DK, FI, FR, GB, GR, HK, HU, IE, IL, IT, JP, KP, MC, NL, NO, NZ, PL, PT, SE, SG, SK, TW. If you don't see your country, you can email me and we can talk about adding your country.
- Canada: Orders will be mailed using trackable USPS First Class Package for $12 plus 2%. As per USPS policy, I am unable to mail merchandise valued at more than $400 via this method. All orders valued at more than $400 will be mailed via trackable USPS Priority Mail for $35 plus 2%.
- All coins are covered by our 100% guarantee of arrival.
- Import fees, duties, customs fees etc. charged by the buyer's country will be the sole responsibility of the buyer. It is impossible for us to know what these fees are so please direct your questions on these matters to your country's customs department. I am unable to refund postage on orders that are returned because of customs issues, including refusal to pay customs on the part of the buyer.
- All coins are guaranteed to be genuine and authentic. I buy all of my coins from reliable sources within the US.
- All coins are attributed from my sizable library of numismatic references and then photographed using state of the art digital equipment. As a general rule, coins will be better than the image. All images are processed to look just like the coin on my computer monitor, a 32 inch Dell. Monitors do vary in color, quality and consistency.
- Coins can be returned at any time for documented questions of authenticity by the original purchaser. Coins can be returned within two weeks for any reason. Postage is not refundable and there will be a 10% restocking fee on all returned coins.
- With the rise of grading services like NGC, I must address the subject of slabbing. As a general rule, I do not sell slabbed coins and do not guarantee that any coin I sell will be eligible for slabbing. There are many reasons why NGC might refuse to slab a coin and none of these reasons have to do with authenticity. NGC is a grading service, NOT an authentication service - as a statement of policy, they do not guarantee the authenticy of any ancient coin they put in a slab. That said, the staff at NGC are some of the most knowledgeable numismatists in the hobby. Grading of ancient coins is a very imperfect science and is largely the opinion of an individual numismatist. While I greatly respect the skill of the numismatists at NGC, and consider them personal friends, I do not always agree with them in every instance. As I previously stated, this has nothing to do with authenticity. If the numismatists at NGC determine a coin is not authentic, it can be returned for a full refund of the purchase price. I will not cover any fees associated with the slabbing process.