My name is Marc Breitsprecher and I have been buying/selling/collecting ancient coins since 1977. I started selling on eBay in 1996 using the moniker Ancient Imports. Family friend Kendrick Erickson built my current site in 1999 and the rest, as they say, is history. In 2005 I left my career job as a window clerk with the USPS in order to focus on my coin business full-time. My wife Melissa works along with me and her data entry skills help keep the addition of new coins running smoothly.
We are glad to reserve a coin short-term or discuss a payment plan that works for you if you can't afford to buy a coin today.
- Payment within the US can be made by: personal check, money order, PayPal or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express). Personal checks may be held to clear.
- International payment including Canada can be made by: PayPal or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express).
- All coins are marked as reserved until payment is received; at this time they are marked sold. We reserve the right to cancel any order for any reason.
- You will receive an automated e-mail confirming your purchase.
- Please note that all items are subject to prior sale as we have multiple sales venues.
- We are prohibited by law from shipping precious metal coins to any address in the state of Minnesota due to their “bullion” coin law. This law prohibits coin dealers, who are not licensed with the State of Minnesota, from mailing coins with more than 1% precious metal to any address within the state. We are glad to mail bronze coins to our many friends in Minnesota! We are greatly distressed by the negative consequences created by this law, including being forced to move from the state because of the impact the law made on our business. To learn more, click HERE
Mailing address for money order or check payment is:
PO Box 2
Hazelhurst, WI 54531-0002
Orders are generally shipped the same day or next day depending on what time we go to the post office. There might be a few times each year when we are away for a few days - in this case orders will be mailed as soon as we return.
IN THE UNITED STATES
- Shipping and handling charges for First Class Mail are $5 plus 1% for orders up to $1000. USPS Priority Mail can also be selected at a cost of $9 + 2%. Orders over $1000 are mailed via USPS Express Mail at a cost of $26 + 2%.
- Coins include a photo flip with all of the site information and are mailed via USPS first-class mail in a double padded envelope with delivery confirmation.
- Book orders will be shipped at actual cost either first class or media rate.
- Expedited service for any order via USPS Express Mail is available for $26 postage plus 2%. Depending on the time of day the order is placed, the actual delivery might be overnight and it might be a second day delivery.
OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
- Because of the German packaging law that took effect January 1 2019, we will no longer be able to ship orders to Germany. My sincerest apologies to all of our German customers!
- The Covid Pandemic has created unreasonably slow shipping times for regular airmail due to the reduction, and in some cases, elimination of international flights. Coupled with the lack of tracking and lack of insurance it is making a lot of people nervous right now. For these reasons, I will have to suspend this service for now.
- Orders up to $400 can be mailed via USPS First Class Package (tracking number and fully insured) for $17 plus 2%. The rate for Canada is $13 plus 2%.
- Any order can be mailed via USPS Priority Mail (tracking number and fully insured) for $39 + 2%. The rate for Canada is $28 + 2%.
- Any order can be mailed via USPS Priority Mail Express (tracking number and fully insured) for $65 + 2%. The rate for Canada is $45 + 2%.
- All import fees, duties, or customs fees charged by the buyer's country will be the sole responsibility of the buyer. It is impossible for us to know what these fees are so please direct your questions on these matters to your country's customs department. I am unable to refund postage on orders that are returned because of customs issues, including refusal to pay customs on the part of the buyer.
- We are unable to secure shipping insurance for the following countries and we reserve the right to cancel any order being shipped to any of these countries or other unlisted countries that I have had problems shipping to. Any orders we choose to ship to these countries must be shipped via Priority Mail Express (mentioned above) which is available to some of these countries and can be selected at checkout.
Angola (including Cabinda)
Central African Republic
OFAC Restricted Countries
|Papua New Guinea
Russian Federation (includes Russia)
- All coins and artifacts are guaranteed to be genuine and authentic. I buy all of my coins from reliable sources within the US.
- All coins are attributed from my sizable library of numismatic references and then photographed using state of the art digital equipment. As a general rule, coins will be better than the image. All images are processed to look just like the coin on my computer monitor, a 32 inch Dell. Monitors do vary in quality and consistency.
- Coins can be returned at any time for documented questions of authenticity by the original purchaser. Coins can be returned within two weeks for any reason. There will be a 10% restocking fee on all returned coins.
- With the rise of grading services like NGC, I must address the subject of slabbing. As a general rule, I do not sell slabbed coins and do not guarantee that any coin I sell will be eligible for slabbing. There are dozens of reasons why NGC will refuse to slab a coin and none of these reasons have to do with authenticity....they are a grading service, NOT an authentication service. Slabbing ancient coins is a very imperfect science and is largely the opinion of an individual numismatist. While I greatly respect the numismatists at NGC, I do not always agree with them on every single grade. As I previously stated, this has nothing to do with authenticity. If the numismatists at NGC determine a coin is not authentic, it can be returned for a full refund of the purchase price. I will not cover any fees associated with the slabbing process.